LINK BAIT: HOW TO CREATE STICKY AND SHAREABLE CONTENT
Did you know that more than 30% of people think in pictures and 45% think in both pictures and words?
Infographics are a way to communicate complex messages or information in an easily understandable format. An infographic can benefit a company’s SEO campaign because it serves as link bait – web content created to attract attention and be interesting enough for people to share.
Statistics show that infographics are 40 times more likely to be viewed and shared on social media sites than text. A great example of this is on Pinterest – the infographic to the right has been repinned 61 times, which greatly increases the company’s web traffic and inbound links.
Convinced of the power of infographics and ready to get started? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Dive into the data: Everyone wants to talk about the design of an infographic, but few people want to really delve into the data. It’s the data that’s going to tell the story, so start there. The details of the design should follow the data.
2. Keep it simple: An infographic is meant to share memorable information, quickly. Only include relevant and pertinent data.
3. Target the right demographic: Infographics tell stories, and in order to tell the story most effectively, keep the audience top of mind. What do they care about? What images resonate with them? What size should the font be?
4. Reveal the true story: Infographics should enrich the user’s understanding of the topic and make a bold statement. Strong infographics have a clear and focused position and statement.
5. Think about SEO: Strong infographics will be shared across multiple online and social media channels, so make sure it’s versatile enough to be posted on a variety of websites. The file shouldn’t be too big nor too small, and it should be shared with the right audience at the right time.